Dis-Danmark - Tilbage til forsiden
Dis-Danmark - Tilbage til forum forsiden

Forum her er lukket for nye indlæg. Du kan fortsat læse og søge i de gamle indlæg.         Vi henviser til Dis-Danmarks Forum: www.slaegtogdata.dk.
Goto:  Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicFAQRulesSearchLog In
ALBRECHTSEN, Mary Alvilda, b 1881 in Skanderup, Ribe County
Posted by: Olaf Peder Pedersen, Jr. (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2005 11:02PM

I would like to find the birth record, and any other family info., for my grandmother Mary Alvilda Albrechtsen, born June 27, 1881, in Lunderskov,Skanderup parish, Anst district, Ribe county and her mothers name was Jensine Albrechtsen. The Danish Emigration Records show her leaving for the U.S. in Sept. of 1900.

Re: ALBRECHTSEN, Mary Alvilda, b 1881 in Skanderup, Ribe County
Posted by: Vibeke/Canada (IP Logged)
Date: October 22, 2005 07:19AM

How did you find that she was born in Skanderup, Anst, Ribe? I have looked in the online census and found nothing. As a matter fact there was hardly any Albrechtsen?s in Ribe county.

What ?Danish Emigration records? did you find your grandmother in?

How did you find the mothers name and not the fathers name?

What State in the US did it say she immigrate to?

Did you search the www.ancestry.com? Or any other US censuses to find more info on her parents?

Vibeke

Date: October 22, 2005 03:20PM

Hi Vibeke,

Thank you for your prompt response, I will try to answer all of your questions. On mar. 21, 2001, I posted a query, on the Denmark Message Board, in RootsWeb.com, asking for info. on my grandmothers birth. On Mar. 21, 2001, I received a reply from Steen Mygind, that he had found in The Danish Emigration Archives, that she was born in Lunderskov, Skanderup parish, Anst district, Ribe County. I have since, had her original Servants Conduct Book translated, & found the following to be handwritten in the "Old Hand". "Mary Alvilda Albrechtsen, daughter of Farmer Jens Albrechtsen and wife Jensine Andersen, was born on H????, Lunderskov ???, Lunderskov County, Vor District on 27 June 1881, baptised at home on 22 July, 1881, presented in the church on 1 August 1881 and confirmed in Hornborg Church on 6 October 1895." The last entry in her "Conduct Book" states that she "Departed for America---Aarhus Police
Department 1 October 1900." I beleive she came to Washington D.C. to work as a maid for a family by the name of Larsen and she may have sailed with this family, in October of 1900. She married Olaf Rye Pedersen, who born in Orum, Denmark, but they were married in Washington D.C. on Jan 26, 1905.

Date: October 24, 2005 02:42AM

Hi O Pedersen

It looks like there is some confusion.

Originally it was mention that Albrecheten came from Lunderskov, Skanderup, Ribe, County

There is a Lunderskov in Vejle County, nevertheless Vor District is in the Skanderborg County.

There are several Albrechtens in the Skanderborg County!!!!!

Here is one

Samtlige personer i husstanden
skanderborg, Voer, Taaning, Taaning by og mark, , en gaard, 58, FT-1860
Der vises flg. felter:
Navn, Alder, Civilstand, Stilling i husstanden, Erhverv , Fødested
Jens Albrechtsen, 40 , Gift, huusmand, huusmand og dagleier, Træden sogn

Vibeke

Date: October 24, 2005 02:53AM

It says she was confirmed 6 October 1895 in Homborg. Could this be Hamburg, Germany?

Regarding where husband Olaf Rye Pedersen came from, could be an interesting puzzle, since there are 7 Oerum?s (Danish Ø) in Denmark.

Ørum Bjerre Vejle Counry

Ørum Dronninglund Hjørring County

Ørum Fjends Viborg County

Ørum Galten Randers County

Ørum Hassing Thisted County

Ørum Sønderlyng Viborg County

Ørum (Djurs) Djurs Nørre Randers
County

Interesting-

Vibeke

Date: October 24, 2005 03:08AM

I noticed in your first note you are mentioning that the mothers name was Jensine Albrectsen and in your second note you are say Jensine Andersen.

I assume that you in the first one is mentioning Jensine?s married name?

If her maiden name is Jensine Albrechtsen, then there is one here in the 1845 Census from the Voer District, Skanderborg County.

Samtlige personer i husstanden
Skanderborg, Voer, Lundum, Lundumskov, , 1 gaard Hejsel, 22, FT-1845
Der vises flg. felter:
Albrecht Jensen, 39 , Gift, , gaardmand, Lundum s. Skanderborg a.
Maren Albrechtsen, 29 , Gift, , hustru, Hansted s. Skanderborg a.
Ane Albrechtsen, 8 , Ugift, , barn, Lundum s. Skanderborg a.
Maren Albrechtsen, 6 , Ugift, , barn, Lundum s. Skanderborg a.
Kirstine Albrechtsen, 4 , Ugift, , barn, Lundum s. Skanderborg a.
Jensine Albrechtsen, 2 , Ugift, , barn, Lundum s. Skanderborg a.
Micoline Albrechtsen, 1 , Ugift, , barn, Lundum s. Skanderborg a.
Maren Mikkelsen, 20 , Ugift, , tjenestepige, Hundslund s. Aarhus a.

Nevertheless it looks like her maiden name was not Albrechtsen, but Andersen

Please clarify.

Vibeke

Posted by: (IP Logged)
Date: October 24, 2005 08:34AM

Lunderskov and Lundumskov can be cloose. I have looked up Lundum´s chuchbook on Arkivalieronline lookup nr. 80 here is Mary Alvilde Albrechtsen on the right date and the right parents. At the bapticing were this persons there: teacher Hansen´s wife Jensine Albrechtsen in Hansted, girl Lene Pedersen in Lundum, farmer Kristen Andersen in Vrønding, two young men Andreas and Niels Severin Andersen in Flemming. Flemming belongs to Hornborg parish so maybe the mother was from there so that was the reason that she was confirmed there.
If there is not some sencus on Internet from Lundum I can look them up on our Libary.

regards
Hanne

Date: October 24, 2005 08:56AM

Here are the family in 1890. The father is dead. I will try to find them in 1880 if the film not is to bad.

skanderborg, Voer, Lundum, Lundum, , , 5, FT-1890
Der vises flg. felter:

Jenssine Albrethsen, 34 , Enke, Husmoder, , Flemminge
Mary Alvilde Albrethsen, 9 , Ugift, Barn, , Lundum skov
Alberth Mikarl Alberthsen, 3 , Ugift, Barn, , Lundum skov
Poul Emil Sørensen, 43 , Gift, Husfader, Murer, Lundum
Ane Kathrine Kristensen, 44 , Gift, Husmoder, , Vronding
Søren Peter Sørensen, 13 , Ugift, , , Lundum
Kristen Otto Sørensen, 11 , Ugift, , , Lundum
Karl Sørensen, 8 , Ugift, , , Lundum
Ane Elisabeth Sørensen, 6 , Ugift, , , Lundum
Anine Marie Sørensen, 3 , Ugift, , , Lundum
Niels Peder Jensen, 57 , Gift, Husfader, Husmand, Vester Sogn
Ane Kjerstine Jensen, 56 , Gift, Husmoder, , Tønning
Jensin Petrine Nielsen, 14 , Ugift, Barn, , Lundum
Jens Peder Nielsen, 12 , Ugift, Do [Barn], , Do [Lundum]

regards
Hanne

Date: October 24, 2005 12:38PM

The film was very bad but I could see that Jens Michael Albrechtsen self had written the sencus for his area and he was not married 1880. But he must married Jensine Andersen just after maybe in Hornborg.
The farms name is Heisel. He died 15 feb, 1887 and he was born 14 feb 1847 by Albrecht Jensen and Maren Mikkelsdatter her second name in the sencus 1845 is wrong. They married 24 oct. 1835 in Hansted and she was daugther of Mikkel Jørgensen Grabow in Raaved died before 1845 and Maren Hansdatter she lives 1845 in Rådveddahl.

regards
Hanne

Date: October 24, 2005 04:29PM

Hi Vibeke,

Thank you for your research & response. I received all three of your responses this morning & will try to answer your questions. I also received responses from another person and I think they have found my grandmothers family. You were right about the mothers name, her maiden name was Jensine Andersen. Please see the response from Hanne, I think this is the correct family. As for my grandfather Olaf Rye Pedersen, he was born in Orum,Sonderlyng, Viborg County, and I have most of the information about him and his family.

Thank you, Olaf

Date: October 24, 2005 05:07PM

Hi Hanne,

First, I want to thank you for your research and response. I am almost positive that you have found my grandmothers family, most of the names and dates all match and you found the name of the farm "Heisel", which is something I am sure I didn't mention. Just recently I had my
grandmothers "Servents Conduct Book" translated and the translator could not read the word "Heisel" (it is written in the Old Hand Danish), but now that I go back and compare the two, that is what it says. Now that we know this is the right family, is there anyway to get a Birth record of her and a marriage record of her parents. Any other info. will be greatly appreciated. One other note, Mary Alvilde also had a sister by the name of
Agnes & I did not see her listed in the 1890 census that you sent.

Thanks again,
Olaf

Date: October 24, 2005 05:55PM

hi Olaf
Since there is 6 years between Mary and her brother there can be another girl. But she can be at some family after the father´s dead or the mother can had married again and got some more children.
Did Agnes also vent to the states?
Hornborg parish does not belongs to Horsens where I lives so we do not have the churchbook at the libary. And I pay for MB on my Internet so I do not use Arkivalieronline at home. When I look up this morning I was on a place where I had free Internet.

regards
Hanne

Date: October 24, 2005 06:47PM

Thank you Hanne,

No, her sister Agnes did not come to the U.S., but her brother Albert did and went to live in California. I have not had a chance to look up anything on him yet. If you ever have the time to find any other information on this family it would be greatly appriciated. I know you found the right family and I am thankful that you did.

Thanks again,
Olaf

Date: October 24, 2005 07:49PM

Jensine was born 10 feb. 1856 in Flemming, Hornborg parish
They married 8 june 1880 in Hornborg
And here are her family also her father´s mother in 1850

skanderborg, Nim, Hornborg, Flemming By, , Gård, 13, , FT-1850
Der vises flg. felter:

Anders Christensen, 36 , Gift, , Gårdejer husfader, Her i sognet
Mette Cathrine Christensdatter, 34 , Gift, , Hans kone, Tamdrup sogn, Skanderborg amt
Christen Andersen, 10 , Ugift, , Deres barn, Her i sognet
Ellen Andersen, 7 , Ugift, , Deres barn, Her i sognet
Christian Andersen, 5 , Ugift, , Deres barn, Her i sognet
Mette Andersen, 1 , Ugift, , Deres barn, Her i sognet
Andreas Andersen, 4 , Ugift, , Deres barn, Her i sognet
Clemen Christensen, 20 , Ugift, , Tjenestekarl, Tamdrup sogn, Skanderborg amt
Christen Pedersen, 18 , Ugift, , Tjenestekarl, Hvirring sogn, Skanderborg amt
Christine Sørensdatter, 20 , Ugift, , Tjenestepige, Her i sognet
Karen Sørensdatter, 16 , Ugift, , Tjenestepige, Korning sogn, Weile amt
Ellen Jensdatter, 70 , Enke(mand), , Husfaders moder aftægtskone, Her i sognet
Johanne Marie Sørensdatter, 21 , Ugift, , Tjenestepige, Her i sognet

regards
Hanne

Date: October 24, 2005 08:45PM

Well, that didn't take very long Hanne, and you found another part of my puzzle. Several weeks ago, I didn't think I was ever going to find anything about my grandfather & grandmother and their family. But now things are starting to just fall in place, thanks to you and several other wonderful people who take time to help us folks, who don't read or write Danish. But PLEASE keep up the good work.

Thanks, Olaf

This forum is currently read only. This is a temporary situation. Please check back later.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Dis-Danmark - Skriv mail til moderatorForum moderator